I didn’t get into doing this blog with any purpose other than to thank people who’ve been a part of my life in one way or another. My husband tells me every day, “You’re going to really help someone who reads these posts.”
Much to my surprise and delight, I received a lovely email/comment on one of my posts. I’ve been nominated by another blogger for a Sunshine Award. She writes, The Silence In Between Counts, a heartfelt and personal narrative that I’ve enjoyed reading. Here’s some of what she wrote: “I was nominated for the Sunshine Award. As part of the nomination, I have to nominate ten others and when it comes to bloggers who brighten my day, I think of you. You’re writing and topics have been inspirational to me in a dark time. So I nominate you.”
Wow, what a compliment! Thank you to the blogger who nominated me! I have so enjoyed writing these thank you’s every day. I could not be more tickled that there are people, besides my family and friends, who have found my words “inspirational”.
Now I will pass the sunshine along to some others!
The rules are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Answer the 10 questions at the bottom and create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
So 10 Questions About Me:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where?
Here, in Rhode Island. I love where I live. I am close by to family and friends. I can take a quick drive to be in the mountains or at the beach. Most of all I think I love the change of seasons here in New England; so I’m stayin’ put.
2. Is there something that scares you?
Heights and bridges. Crazy, probably no rational reason for it, but there it is.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to find a way to acknowledge people who’ve somehow impacted who I am and what I’ve become. Perhaps because I turned 50 this year.
4. What is your proudest moment?
Hmm, not sure. College graduation was a big one.
5. Who inspires you?
People who overcome challenges. More importantly though, my family–every one of them!
6. You are a superhero. What are your powers?
Ease someone else’s pain.
7. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
Ever; there are a couple both my Chris Bohjalian: Water Witches and The Double Bind; and if I can pick one more of his it would be TranSister Radio.
8. If you they made a movie of your life and you got to pick the lead to play you…who would you cast?
I don’t know how I could pick anyone but my favorite actress, Julia Roberts!
9. What’s your favorite season?
10. What’s your ideal relaxation spot?
My new porch swing that my husband made me this week!
The blogs I nominate for the Sunshine Award are below. These are talented, interesting, inspirational, fun, intriguing and terrific bloggers:
10 Questions for My Nominees
1. What famous figure, living or dead, would you like to share a meal with?
2. If you were an instrument in an orchestra, what would you be?
3. What is your favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor?
4. Favorite way to travel: plane, train, or automobile?
5. Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?
6. How do you “pay it forward”?
7. What must you have on your iPod?
8. Why do you blog?
9. Where do you go when you want to get away?
10. Best movie, ever?
- Continuing the Sunshine Award (gettingthegist.wordpress.com)
- Nomination for the sunshine award! (oawritingspoemspaintings.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Award (betweencounts.wordpress.com)
2 thoughts on “Sunshine Award, Cool!”
It must be great knowing you inspire others! You are certainly an inspiration to me❤️
Congratulations on the award, and thank you for including me.