On the interview show Inside the Actors’ Studio, host James Lipton asks each of his guests the same ten questions. What are your responses?
Today, I was digging back through some older writing prompts to find something that would tickle my fancy. I came across this one from last November. I didn’t write about it then, so since I’m a big fan of Inside the Actor’s Studio, I’ll write it today.
I started watching the program, it’s on the Bravo channel, with some regularity in 2003. Some of my favorite episodes are: Bette Midler, Billy Crystal, Bradley Cooper, and Billy Joel. Yes, Billy Joel. Though not an actor, his interview focused on music as an important “character” in the storytelling found in movies and television.
Brilliant as always, I also got to hear the classical music pieces he’d written. Admittedly, his own fingers had borne the brunt of beating on the keyboards for so long, that he couldn’t play the pieces himself; a classically trained concert pianist played for the audience.
If you haven’t seen the show, every episode ends with the same list of questions to the guest. I imagine they don’t come as a surprise to the actor in the hot seat, unless they’ve never seen the show. I’ve used the list as an ice-breaker with teams I’ve managed. It really breaks down some of the walls, quickly. I’ve answered the questions below as I might if I were sitting on the stage across from the host, James Lipton.
Today’s thank you goes out to the former boyfriend who turned me onto Inside the Actor’s Studio. I’ll not name him here since my husband believes I did not have a love life until I met him–these days my husband and I enjoy the show together.
- What is your favorite word? Joyful
- What is your least favorite word? Regret
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Really fresh outdoor air.
- What turns you off? Blatant ignorance.
- What is your favorite curse word? F*/#
- What sound or noise do you love? Giggling babies.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Children crying in pain.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? TV talk show host.
- What profession would you not like to do? Accountant.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome, Kelly!
Bloggers Who Enjoy the Show:
Daily Prompt: CRACKED ACTOR | Phoenix Flights