You’ve just been named the casting director of your favorite television show (or movie franchise). The catch: you must replace the entire cast — with your friends and family. Who gets which role?
I am a t.v.-a-holic, there, I’ve said it. I do enjoy watching television. When I lived alone the television was always turned on to keep me company. It would go on first thing in the morning so I could watch the news when I was getting ready for work. When I got home at the end of the day, I would turn on reruns of whatever sitcom happened to be playing: Everybody Loves Raymond, Seinfeld, Bosom Buddies…there was always a wide variety to choose from.
In no particular order here is the list of show that I categorize as favorites over the last twenty years:
- China Beach
- LA Law
- NCIS (the original!)
- The Blacklist
- The Big Bang Theory
Casting one of my favorites will not be difficult. I have a huge family and many friends that could play the parts; whom I thank in advance for being good sports when they read this post. Since NCIS is my current favorite, and the one I’m willing to binge watch on any given weekend, the new cast will be:
- Director Jenny Shepard, played by me of course!
- Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo, my brother Kevin
- Special Agent Timothy McGee, my brother Dave
- Special Agent Ziva David, my sister Jen
- Forensic Scientist Abbie Scuito, my niece Casey
- Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Mallard (Duckie), my husband Steve
- Assistant Medical Examiner Jimmy Palmer, my nephew Michael
- Tobias Fornell, my step-dad Andy
- Jackson Gibbs (Gibbs father), my Uncle Ray
- Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, my brother Bill
Bloggers from the Casting Couch:
4 thoughts on “A T.V. aholic’s Dream Job: Cast Change”
I also am addict to sitcoms, even though I watch them on my computer mostly 🙂
I loveeeeeee NCIS. 🙂 Enjoyed reading yours. All the best.
Thanks for reading and following!
Thanks for your comment, Jenn. Thanks for reading, too!